5 Best Sides To Bring To A BBQ
Is there weather starting to warm up where you are at? Have you begun thinking about ways to get outside more this spring and summer? With the winter months and the holidays officially behind us, there is no better way to start appreciating all that the sunshine gives us then by inviting our friends to a BBQ! If you are anything like me, then you certainly feel like bringing a delicious side dish for everyone to share when you’re invited to attend, but how about leveling up this year and trying out something new? Let’s move on from the traditional chips and dip and try something fresh and exciting for this spring’s events.
Here are 5 new ideas of side dishes to bring to your next BBQ:
- Jalapeño Watermelon Salad – A new spin on a fresh side, watermelon! Everyone loves a good sweet fruit, but adding this kick is sure to make it the favorite of the party. All you need to do is cube up the melon, mix in some lime juice, sea salt, and olive oil, and dice in some jalapeños as well.
- Sesame Lime Coleslaw – Cabbage and sesame seeds and limes, oh my! This sweet and tangy dish will be another crowd pleaser. Coleslaw goes perfectly with burgers, hot dogs, or grilled veggies.
- S’mores – Now this isn’t revolutionary, but instead of bringing a package of cookies or a pie, why not make it more interactive and bring some ingredients to make some delicious s’mores together as a group? Try adding Reese’s peanut butter cups in, too.
- Kombucha Mocktails – Add some sparkling water to some kombucha for a refreshing and fruity drink that even has added health benefits.
- Cheese Platter – Everyone loves a good cheese & cracker, so why not put a few options together on a cute platter and create a snack that will be well loved.
Do you have a go-to BBQ snack or side dish that you love to bring? Share it with me!