Healthy Snacks To Stay Stocked Up On
Snack cravings are real – especially when we are spending more time at home than probably ever before. The desire for something sweet, salty, or crunchy can come at any moment, and being prepared with healthy snacks in your pantry and fridge is what is going to keep you on the right track to making smart snacking choices. Of course, you can only snack on what you allow in your home – so taking the time and care to plan out what you will need for the week is essential to having a properly stocked kitchen!
Here are some of my favorite snacks to have on hand for when I’m craving something small:
- Nuts – Nuts are one of the best snacks to munch on because they are so good for you and your heart health, brain health, and more – plus they are filling! However, they are high in fat – and although a healthy fat – the serving size is something to watch out for. Just be conscious of how many you are eating but I can guarantee that you will start to feel satisfied quick.
- Dried Fruit – This is perfect for those of us with a sweet tooth. Having dried fruit can really trick your body into feeling like it just got a piece of candy, when in fact you’ve had something all natural. Plus, the added benefits of vitamins!
- Popcorn – A great snack for when you want something crunchy, like chips, but without all the salt and oil and more. You can even get fancy with this one and get unsalted and unbutton popcorn and add your own powdered seasonings that are much better for you but still give a phenomenal taste!
- Greek Yogurt – Top this with fruit, nuts, granola, dark chocolate, and so much more for a delicious splurge – but without the guilt! Greek yogurt is a great option for a meal or a dessert. Dress it up or down!
- Beef Jerky – Sometimes that craving for meat really kicks in, but you know it’s not time for a whole meal quite yet. When you just need something to hold you over, beef jerky is a great option. With so many flavors and kinds on the market, you can get something that is sweet, salty, spicy, and so much more.
What are your favorite snacks to keep you on track? I would love to add more to my pantry!