Photography Tips For Beginners
Photography is one of the most popular hobbies of our generation & with the rise of social media and the ability to learn photography from video how-tos the love has only spread! From travel pictures to share on your Instagram to making this a full blown career, photography is for just about anyone with an eye for a great shot and a passion for living in the moment. Are you looking to spruce up your photography skills? Here are some top tips and some great resources for those who are ready and eager to dive in!
- You don’t need the newest, most expensive camera on the market! In fact, much of photographer has to so more with how you style the shot vs the actual camera that you use. You would be surprised – some of your favorite content creators may just be shooting from an iPhone!
- REASEARCH. This is a great first step, but once you learn the basics, it’s important to also research the poses and the inspiration behind photos. Sometimes just training your eye and really immersing yourself in a style you like can bring about the inspiration within to get the perfect shot in the moment. Pinterest is great for this!
- Learn the best types of locations and times of day. THIS will make or break your photos. Knowing what time of day is good to shoot in any specific location you choose will be the difference between harsh shadows and the coveted golden hour photos!
- Practice makes perfect. Your love of photography and your skill level will not always be on par from day one. It definitely is something that gets better with time and the more you practice the better you will become.
- Learn how to include motion in your pictures. This is a trick that helps make a normally boring photo more interesting! Allow your subjects to move and you will have more natural and appealing shots.
Now, lets head to some great resources when starting your researching journey:
- Shutterfly : Tips for Beginners
- The Great Courses Plus
- Photography Life : The Basics
- Medium : 7 Key Photography Tips
Good luck and have fun!